Monday, June 10, 2013

Perks of Being an Exchange Student

Ciao ragazze!

Greetings from a torrential downpour in southern Pennsylvania. Still waiting on the news from a family in Italy saying that they've picked me to live in their house for 10 months, but there seems to be a lag in the system because no one going anywhere has gotten one in a while, at least from my chapter. I just hope it's soon!

What I have to bore you with today, however, is that I am finding a TON of exchange students through facebook, from anywhere, going anywhere! Yet another opportunity I have to learn about cultures through this one trip. AFS has had a lot of groups on facebook made throughout the year(s) by students, which I'm thankful for. I discovered this yesterday, and already have found at LEAST another dozen students going to Italy from anywhere. This is ridiculously exciting for me because I love meeting, chatting, and befriending people from different cultures! So far, I've mingled with a few, friended a few, and my personal favorite, I spoke with a Chilean in Spanish over facebook messenger! How awesome is that?! Of course, I was barely able to keep up with her, but I did it! Hopefully my spanish teacher is smiling somewhere, where ever she may be. (:

In other news, I made a video. Vlog. Whatever. Check it out at this link thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment