Thursday, June 20, 2013

just call me an ethnic hipster.

Bonjour!

Had to switch it up, my cool mamma jammas.

But really, buona notte de il mio letto (nuovamente!).

Being in this stage of my choice in life, even though I'm the meek 15 years of age (lol nope), I'm getting more aware of the world around me every day. Not the kind of aware that I know what is going on in every country and the economical downfall of a country in southern Europe or the riots breaking out in a country different from last week's rioting, but the way people think around me. I've been on rants and condescending yelling conversations with people that share the same views of how life should be lived for a long time. If you know me and I've had one of these with you, you know exactly what I am talking about. I really don't have the power or the audacity to say that the way people are living is wrong and that I'm right, I just don't understand how many opportunities people are given that they aren't willing to take because they actually involve work. Know what makes me frustrated, possibly more than anything? When people say they want to leave, want to start over, want to get out of the town, state, country, yet they don't do anything about it. I mean, what?

Look around you. We are surrounded in a society now that we have the terrible tumblr phrases pasted everywhere, like "I live in a small town that everyone claims to hate yet never leaves". Well you know what? That's true. I never really could figure out the logic behind that. Because, if you aren't looking for a way out of it, you aren't going to leave. It takes self initiative (oh no, physical labor!) to actually get stuff done. You want to leave this town you grew up in? Fine by me. But don't just wait around to scratch off that lottery ticket or marry some person wealthier than you. You want it? You gotta get it. If you don't get it, you aren't really trying.

Which brings me to this: you can't hate where you come from. Hating where you come from just blatantly prints "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING" on your forehead. All it is, is a sign of immaturity and being too adolescent for really understanding the beauty of the world. You can be 109 years old and still be too young to absorb your surroundings. Yet another example: if you claim to hate where you came from; your country, your hometown, your family, your ancestry, your history, your culture...you have literally a 1% chance of enjoying the world and what it has to offer half as much as a person who respects their roots. Sitting around, complaining over the internet to all of your friends about life here gets you ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE. Not that I am one to not complain because believe me, I get really rammy to be leaving in almost 2 months. If you constantly find yourself behind that computer, behind that smartphone, just tapping away about how much you are going to leave, but never do, then is that what you really want? I found a way to not only get away for a little while, but to find out where I really am in life. Find out who I am. Cause in all honesty, it's a question still whether or not I know for sure.

You get one life. You can either be a tourist or you can be a traveler. Tourists go to see what they go to see. Travelers see what they see. (This is a quote from somewhere, I'll have to get it for you guys.) So what are you? A tourist, or a traveler?

Moral of the story is, nothing gets done without work. The more work put in, the more you get out of it. No amount of waiting will ever do the trick, as I have found out many times before. If you want something, you have all the power you need to get it. In the words of Nike, just do it. swoosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment