Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Cool story, bro. Tell it ag-" NO.

Buona sera de il mio letto!

It's almost 10 o'clock at night in the wonderful comfort of my own bed, covered in Disney creatures, pillow pets, and a really creepy penguin I really don't know why I've kept this long. Sitting here and scrolling through my social media feeds, pretty much criticizing everything I lay eyes on, I get really bored. So I go on google images, or sporcle (this really cool/nerdy quizzing site, check it out) and just try to find something that won't really kill off my brain cells or put me to sleep. Plus I am really getting the hang of the idea of blogging almost daily, and I came up with this snazzy subject.

Actually, I came up with nothing.
Or maybe I did.
The quality of this entry will prove so.
You be the judge.

In most of my freetime, I loiter around on the interwebs (mostly facebook nowadays) because of one sole purpose in mind: talking to exchange students from around the world. Me and a girl named Katie (she doesn't have a blog, but she was mentioned in a previous entry with a mishap at lunch if you remember) talk a lot. Normally talking about people we've met and the pains/perks of being an exchange student. We also have this thing where we skype until midnight and talk like we've known each other all our lives. We share the same concerns, views, and not much of a lifestyle because she actually exercises and I eat Nutella straight from the jar while watching my 8th consecutive episode of Doctor Who in a sitting. But here is some of our plans/thoughts.

goat farms vs. city flats
Our primary worry that we joke (even though it has high potential to come true one way or another) is that one of us will end up on a goat farm in the middle of Sardegna with no one around us while the other one ends up in a nice flat in the city of Milan or whatnot. Since Katie got her host family yesterday (yet knows nothing about them), we don't know where on that scale she'll end up. Fingers crossed for goat farm! (;

bunkbeds in Roma
All the exchange students going to Italy are flying into Rome and staying there for a few days/nights before going to our host families. Katie and I hope we are allowed to pick, if not, are at least placed together. To put this in perspective, here.
We've came to the assumption that Rome will be less of a "take a nametag, be awkward, and go speak english to the people from your own country" thing and more of a "WHERE IS ALL MY FRAAAANDS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES I MADE FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH LET ME GIVE YOU A NONVIRTUAL HUG FOR THE FIRST TIME" thing. This is why the internet is such a blessing. Speaking of friendship bracelets, that brings me to my next bullet.

crash crafts and survival kits
Some time in the next 2 and 1/3 months (76 days) Katie and I are getting together and conquering arts and crafts alongside of maybe a small shopping trip. We are actually planning to make friendship bracelets, knit some scarves or something, and basically do all that sorts of junk before takeoff. Hopefully I know where I am going before then. So, to all those Italian families looking to host:

Just kidding.
sorta.
arrivederci, il miei amici.


No comments:

Post a Comment