Sunday, June 16, 2013

nonsense rambling (kinda with a meaning)

Ciao ragazzi!

Ah, the things I could write novels on this week. Not that my life is that exciting, it's just a lot of thoughts were running through my head and I probably could make a few million bucks if I ever wrote them down and published them. That can wait til I'm broke from college, though. And now for today's top stories.

Wait, I'm going to Nashville?
Yes, yessiree. A week from today in the wee hours of the morning, me and 13 other rammy teenagers are going down to Nashville, Tennessee for a missions trip. We're driving for most likely about 12 hours (knowing us we'll make a plethora of stops throughout every state we pass through, it'll be more). Down there, we will be giving meals and supplies to the homeless, working in a type of old person's home that I forget what the proper name for it is, where we will be sitting and talking with the residents, and all that nice jazz. This is my first time going to Tennessee, or driving though Kentucky and the good stuff. Of course, we will be servants of God (as we all should be 24/7!) while working. My goal for the trip is to touch at least one person, just to make their day shine a little more. Just one.

Did I just become a Baltimoron?
Saturday, we went to an Orioles game. Out of the 5 Major League Baseball games I've been to, it was probably the most fun I've had at one of these games. I discovered my closet hatred for all New England sports teams (and some of their more "outspoken" fans), how awesome Baltimore is, and I always get a bad seat. Not the view of the game, but the people around me. I always get those loud kids behind me that really enjoy sticking their feet in the crack of the seat, kicking me in the butt for all nine innings. At an Orioles game last year, a couple behind me was obviously on a first date (they were talking about dentists and puppies like they were actually intriguing subjects). The more they drank the more they....ended up snogging. And splashing beer on me. But that doesn't matter anymore. I got a pretty swagalicious Orioles hat (you're allowed to punch me in the face if you ever see me in public now. I used "swag"). Sports memorabilia is kind of like tattooing a bible verse on your lower back: just because you have it, doesn't mean you follow it. (yes, I did just come up with that on the spot. give credit if/when you use that in real life.)


You ever been part of a crowd wave? A guy two sections over (resembling from afar Duff from "Ace of Cakes") spent quite a few innings when the Red Sox were up to bat and all the B-More fans were bored and tried to start the wave. Eventually, in the top of the ninth, the whole stadium got involved. We got the whole friggin' stadium to do the wave a couple times around! I have it on video but I'm laying in bed and completely unwilling to get up to load it here. So just imagine really grainy footage with me screaming in the background of a wave around the stadium.

A small life lesson (and I mean small, friends).
If another person doesn't live life the way your standards are set, it's not your job to correct it. It is, in fact, your job to accept it if you love and care for that person. Not try to change it. And hey, if you really want a change, why don't you try changing yourself?

That felt good. Maybe that'll be a end-of-every-post thing. A Kara Kwote. lolz.

Arrivederci!




No comments:

Post a Comment