Saturday, May 18, 2013

that's not food, brah.

Ciao amici!

Bonjour, a-salaam, hola, ni-hao, whatever. Today was my first official orientation for Italy, with 30 other kids and our parents. It was 6 hours long but was supposed to be 7, but thank Jesus it wasn't. It was disorganized, I hate to say. But it was pretty fun, because I had finally got to meet all of the other Italy kids. There are 5 of us, all girls, all with the same motives and relatively close personalities. It was a day full of repetition and answering questions that we already knew most of the answers too. Not saying it was pointless, but it could have been a little more informational. We all are leaving for 10 months in just over 100 days, friends.

Lunch was definitely the highlight of my day. Scratch that, all of ours. We didn't eat til past 1, which lunch was scheduled to be at 11:45. Nothing worse than pushing lunch back. We were about to go all Lord of the Flies and then we finally were able to eat. Two of the boys that were being hosted in the US had the opportunity to screw with all of our lunches. By this, I mean they emptied out all of our lunchboxes and made us pick out someone else's lunch. Most cheated the system and just rounded up their own stuff, but I brought a salad so I snatched someone's footlong sub (Gotsta has me my carbs). The two boys, one from Pakistan and the other from Bangladesh, placed a tampon with the food on the table. A tampon. Turns out that it was my friends that she always kept  in her lunchbox. Good eats, my brothas.

JK that's weird.

Well, that's all I have for now. I'm hoping that I can continue this blog throughout my stay, but I don't want to become homesick (as I learned is a great possibility today). If you actually read this far, I love you. Grazie!

Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment