Thursday, April 11, 2013

About Me (how exciting!)

Ciao amici!

When I first made this blog, I made it just for the purpose of having it while I'm in Italy. I feel extremely lame just keeping it stagnant and empty until then, so I'm going to blog about my last (a little less than) 5 months in the States. I really do want to blog on this more, so I'll try to balance it out with my school work.. In all honesty I normally spend my evenings on Pinterest and Twitter, putting off all schoolwork until ehh....10 o'clock. All that matters is I get it done, right?

Okay. If you read my very first blog post, you already know I'm Kara Richards. I'm fifteen, and I'm a freshman in my local school district. I live in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. If'you're unfamiliar with the area, it's one of those places you drive through, and after you get out you think "woah, that was boring." And fall asleep. I've lived here all my life, in three different houses, all within about 10 miles of each other. Currently, I'm living with my mom, brother (Jack, he's 11), and two dogs, Tia and Roscoe. My parents are divorced, and my dad lives about 5 minutes away. That's enough about that.

I really do enjoy school, except for the immaturity and lack of obedience I deal with every day ("HAHA, he said "sex"!!!" in science class is NOT acceptable anymore, kids.) I take all advanced courses, and I must say, it's much better and I don't have to deal with those people.....shudder. My favorite subject is Spanish, mainly because my teacher is awesome and I've learned so much this school year. Math sucks. And so does Lord of the Flies. Sucks to your ass-mar, Piggy!

Hobbies, hobbies, hobbies. I don't play sports other than gym class. I'm really a home body, and spend my life staring at either my TV, laptop, or smartphone screen. I really hope that someone is with me on this, but I AM ADDICTED TO DOCTOR WHO. I'm not going to let this go into a sixteen paragraph entry on why I love the show, because that has a full capacity of happening, so I'm leaving it at OH MY GOD I LOVE IT. I am also a fangirl of Sherlock. But, aside from my nerdy little fetishes, music and world culture is my life. I have self taught myself piano and guitar, and I sing anytime that I think people can't hear me (in which most of the time, they can). I also write playscripts for my school's drama club, and I was in the school musical, The Wizard of Oz. I was the Mayor of Munchkinland, but I can say that the experience and people I met were better than being any other part. I rocked those seven lines, too.

Uh, let's see. I have a fascination with world languages and I want to learn as many as possible. I can also name all the countries of the world, all their corresponding flags, and about half their capitals. Ironically, I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, though.

That's about all I can think of, for now. In 5 months, I'll already be in Italy (woah baby). I really do hope you enjoy this blog, and I try to spice it up a little so it's not like reading  "what did you do this summer?" writing each week. Thanks for reading if you did, and I hope you continue throughout my journey, so we will share the excitement!

Arrivederci!

2 comments:

  1. How are you going to handle not seeing the 50th Anniversary/Christmas Special/Series 3?? Or does Italy get BBC? (Ignore the fact that I'm a complete stranger)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have internet access and i know that they broadcast a lot of american shows in english, hopefully i can just get the british BBC on TV. if not i definitely will be comatose. I need mah little baby giraffe in my life ( my name for Matt). and PS, its not weird that youre a stranger. all whovians are mutually friends. (:

      Delete