Monday, September 16, 2013

kara not blogging for 2 weeks is NOT what dreams are made of

Hey friends, a quick drop by to let you know what's up.

I am in Italy, all is going well. I lost my camera cable (my best guess is I left it in my hotel room in NYC), so pictures aren't gonna be up for a long time. Sorry.

Internet is muy dificil to find here, as this is the first time I am able to use my laptop at home. I have been going cold turkey from everything else. I deserve an award for that.

It's been crazy and I have plenty to tell, but to hold you all over until I have 3 days for the almighty motherload of blog entries about my pasta-infused life, here's some things that you should probably know.


  1. people really do say "mamma mia".
  2. if you are any ethnicity other than Sicilian, you will fry in the sun in about 2.71 seconds.
  3. everything tastes so much better here.
  4. everything is eaten/drank in moderation, even water. (which annoys me profusely.) 
  5. not many places are familiar with air conditioning.
  6. walking everywhere is awesome, unless it's pouring. then you'd rather die. 
  7. there is a fine line between italian conversing and italian fighting. you will know it when you see it.
  8. the Italy Beverly (seen in Walt Disney World's Epcot and Coca Cola Factory in Atlanta) DOESN'T EVEN EXIST HERE.
  9. sparkling water doesn't suck as much after you force it down for a couple of meals.
  10. America needs Aranchini.
  11. I miss my Turkey Hill Iced Tea more than life itself.
  12. it is possible to miss people you only knew for a day (ORIENTATION OH MY GOD)
  13. the kids in my chapter rock the socks off of kids everywhere else.
  14. withdraw from youtube and the rest of the internet is sometimes more painful than you can ever understand.
UNTIL THE NEXT TIME IM ONLINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment